The IMA Certified Internet Marketer (CIM) professional certification program provides participants with the foundational Internet marketing education needed to succeed in today’s fast-changing online business environment.
The certification course is divided into six lesson areas, culminating in a final exam to certify Internet marketing knowledge, including:
1. Overview of Internet Marketing: The broad array of digital marketing including social media, mobile marketing, and online analytics
2. Online Acquisition: Search marketing, display advertising, search engine optimization
3. Online Conversion: Site personalization, online A/B and multivariate testing, content targeting, dynamic recommendations
4. Online Retention: Email marketing, online surveys, voice of customer (VOC) strategies
5. Online Analytics & Measurement: Measuring website performance with digital analytics, business goals and standard metrics to consider, tactics for telling “stories” with data to drive better online business decisions
6. Data-Driven Marketing: Creating a culture and decision-making practices based on data, developing closed-loop marketing strategies and programs
Participants will learn from experienced Internet marketing practitioners. These practitioners draw from decades of combined Internet marketing experience at pioneering companies such as Microsoft, Omniture, Adobe, Foresee, Ancestry.com and others. The roster of instructors includes both senior marketing leaders as well as a published author on web analytics who share their expertise to provide program participants with highly sought-after information delivered with the ease and convenience of an online learning platform.
The intuitive, user-friendly system also includes clear instructions for navigating the site, reviewing lesson presentations, and taking quizzes and the final certification exam. Lessons can be viewed via online streaming media as well as PDF presentations in a convenient, self-paced sequence. Other features include a personalized events calendar, recent activities and alerts to fully engage the online course participant.